Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Spring Salad with Italian Herb Dressing
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves
I looked out into my garden after a few 90-degree days here in Portland and was shocked to see the amount of greens ready to harvest. I threw together this salad made of bok choy, pea shoots, red leaf lettuce, bok choy raab, cilantro, fennel, and chive flowers and topped it with my favorite Italian Herb Dressing. Fresh greens make a huge difference in the quality and nutrient value of the salad. If you don't have your own garden, you can find a nearby farmers market, or consider growing salad mix in a container. The best part? When you harvest, cut the lettuce about 1 inch about the soil line, and it grows back within days giving you numerous cuts and many salads to eat!
- Italian Herb Dressing
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup flax oil (or 1 full cup olive oil)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 cup water
- 4 teaspoons agave
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Combine all ingredients in a a blender or place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk.