Raw Nectarine Crisp with Pomegranate and Date-Nut Streusel
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 2-4
This fresh and juicy raw nectarine crisp by Lucie Javorska of Win-Win Food has a caramel-ey date-nut streusel. YUM! A delicious sweet treat that you can enjoy without any guilt.
Ingredients 1 pomegranate (or 1 cup arils = 170 g)
optional: ⅛ teaspoon cardamom (or another favorite spice)
For the streusel
⅓ cup (50 g) chopped dates
Directions 1. Wash the fruit thoroughly.
2. Peel and seed the pomegranate and pit, quarter and slice the nectarines.
3. Combine in a medium bowl with the cardamom (or cinnamon, nutmeg...) if using.
4. Divide into individual dishes or pour all into a pie or crisp dish.
5. In a food processor, combine the dates, nuts and maca if using and pulse until the mixture forms sticky crumbs.
6. Crumble on top of the fruit.
Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to two days.