Warning: don't have these when you're super hungry because you will want to eat more than one! They're perfect with a glass of cold almond milk after a meal. These delicious brownies by Emily Von Euw of This Rawsome Vegan Life come infused with a little therapeutic greenery: broad spectrum CBD from hemp which has a host of health benefits e.g. it acts as an adaptogen, helps regulate mood and sleep, and helps support healthy nerve function.
To make the brownies
1. Throw the oats, walnuts, and flax into a food processor and process into flour.
2. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and process evenly.
3. Add CBD oil into the food processor along with the rest of the brownie ingredients. (IMPORTANT: remember how many mg CBD you put into the brownies so when you slice your brownies later you will be able to know how much CBD is in each one and enjoy accordingly.)
4. Process the mixture until you get a moist dough that holds its shape when pressed between fingers. If it's too crumbly, add 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk. If it's too moist, add 1-2 tablespoons more of flax seeds. If you'd like it sweeter, add 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
5. Press the dough evenly into a lined baking pan.
To make the frosting:
1. Stir together the ingredients until smooth, adding almond milk as needed to get a spreadable consistency.
2. Spread evenly over your brownies and leave in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight.
3. Sprinkle on toppings if you like.
4. Slice into however many brownies you want according to your dosing, and enjoy! These will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Emily von Euw is the creator of This Rawsome Vegan Life, a blog dedicated to sharing wholesome, raw, vegan recipes and information about the lifestyle. She is currently writing her first cookbook all about raw desserts. Emily lives In Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and is studying at university. She enjoys anything outdoors, as well as experimenting in the kitchen, reading, getting to know her readers, petting her cats, and dancing! In the future, she hopes to build a tiny house on wheels and travel somewhere tropical to leave among nature. For now, she just wants to make delicious, healthy, cruelty-free recipes for you.