Wild Blueberry Cheesecake with Blueberry Jelly Topping
Difficulty 5 minutes Serves 1, 12 inch springform pan
The inevitable truth is that Summer is drawing to a close and blueberries will soon be out of season. How does one deal with this harsh reality? By making this full on wild blueberry cheesecake dessert by Heather Pace of Sweetly Raw
of course! It's clearly the best choice possible. : ) Include a scoop of Blueberry Almond Coconut Crunch Ice Cream from Heather's ebook Ice Cream In the Raw
for even more berry powered deliciousness!
Ingredients Crust 1 1/2 cups almonds 2/3 cup raisins 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla or water (I often need 2). Filling 4 1/2 cups berries* 3 cups cashews 1/2 cup lemon juice 1/2 cup agave or coconut nectar 1 teaspoon pure vanilla 5-6 drops stevia 1 cup melted coconut oil Lemon zest, optional Blueberry Jelly Topping 1 1/2 - 2 cups berries 2- 3 medjool dates, chopped Lemon juice, to taste 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seed
1) Grind the almonds into a flour in a food processor.
2) Add the raisins and continue grinding until broken down.
3) Add the coconut and vanilla. Grind again to incorporate.
4) Add another 1/2 - 1 teaspoon water if needed to keep the mixture held together when pressed in your hand.
5) Press evenly into the bottom of a 12" spring form pan.
1) Blend all but the coconut oil, until smooth in a high speed blender.
2) Add the oil (and zest if using) and blend again to incorporate. You will need the tamper because the blender will be very full/heavy. Sometimes I stop the blender and whisk in the oil a bit, then blend once more.
3) Pour over the crust. Chill in the fridge for 8-12 hours (or freezer for part of that time).
*If using frozen berries, measure them while frozen and thaw completely before blending into the recipe.
Blueberry Jelly Topping
1) Blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender. Add a few drops of stevia if needed.
The mixture will thicken as it sits.
2) Chill in the fridge for a few hours.
3) Spread on the cheesecake after removing it from the pan.